A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Reflecting on 2017 and Books

I hope my blogpost readers had a great year, and I am grateful to all who have read my posts, commented, and hopefully, inspired a few with some of my cockamanie ideas, stories and adventures through 2017. I also hope you have the time to reflect back on the very same year!

2017 started out with my/our son Ryan's third tongue cancer surgery, but then improved drastically as he healed and improved throughout the winter months. We had a super summer with travels to three weddings where I crisscrossed the country to a tune of 10,000 miles...all by car, along with several stops and visits along those many safely driven miles.

In addition, running some races, refereeing many soccer games, celebrating my/our 30th wedding anniversary and the designing making of many quilts rounded out the year. I am very grateful beyond words...for all the above!

However, there is one "sticking point" over the past year for me; I simply did not read enough books. Sounds trivial, I know, but there is a whole in my heart where I neglected that one love...so I plan to read in earnest in 2018 (our neighborhood book club helped a bit as I read 5/6 books selected). Also, magazines...who has piles they say they would get through in 2017? I am waving my hand because my pile never moved...but I hope that also changes in the new year.

BSoleille! The bright side of reflection for 2017 one and all.
Terri




No comments: