A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Fond of Forty Year Friendships

Visits with my friend, Maryjean McCarthy, are few and far between, so anytime that we can get together is cherished as it was last night in Baltimore. We met as juniors in high school (different schools, by the way) in a summer track program called the Easy Striders. We traveled with the team all over the Midwest and Ohio competing. We ran different events and cheered wildly for each other’s successes, both on and off the track, in which I’m deeply thankful for!

Additionally, our friendship endured while going to different colleges, marrying and moving away (her to New York), and me in Ohio until we moved to Maryland. But a quick touch base phone call was/is all it took/takes for us to adjust the needle on our longevity of friendship. Aren’t these some of the best kind to have in life? I like to think so...and grateful!

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: