A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, July 3, 2017

Cannot Get Enough of Fresh Mountain Air

It seems that the more you hike in the mountains, the more they draw you in and want to be out on the trails. Today, I finally "convinced" Ryan that an "easy" hike would do him good; as that fresh mountain air can't be beat. Thankfully, he completed a four-mile hike to Skunk Canyon near the Boulder Flatirons and was proud of himself upon finishing. Not sure if a pair of bona fide hiking boots will be in his future, but I/we certainly hope today's hike sparked a flame to do more. Only time will tell, I guess. But the rest of the gang thoroughly enjoyed the gentle climb on a very sunny morning.

And to digress for a second, yesterday's "big" hike included one to the Royal Arch in Chautauqua too! Beautiful views of the surrounding area from the top for sure!

BSoleille! The bright side of taking advantage of the Boulder Flatiron trails at Chautauqua!
Terri

Photos from today's hike: Group shot included: Brian Phillips, Don, Beth, Olivia, Terri and Kristin, Ryan Tomoff and Linda Misencik; and yesterday's hike: Brian Phillips, Bill, Don, Olivia, me and Beth Tomoff.

No comments: