A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Long Shelf Life of Vaseline

Vaseline, as I have learned, has quite a long shelf life, and no "hard and fast" expiration date. Since it doesn't contain any water, it doesn't support bacterial growth. While cleaning, discarding and putting away all the bathroom cabinet items removed for all the renovating and painting over the last few weeks, I came across an "old jar" of vaseline from when "The Best Daugher" was a baby. When I opened it up it seemed fine, but since I had two other jars purchased "more recently" (like less than 25 years!), I let it go into the trash and never looked back. How much vaseline does one family need when there's not a baby in the house? For running/biking/athletic endeavors to cover excessive rubbing of any kind...a little dab will do the job. Therefore, a jar can last a long time!

BSoleille!
Terri



No comments: