A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dinner in Fairfax

It was a sheer delight to head out to Fairfax, VA this evening for dinner at Jeff and Patty Lubin's. They've been in their house for eight years already and this was our first visit!  Yikes! I'm thankful that Marilyn and Tom Eichner also joined the fun and made sure we got this gig on our calendars!  We are all parents of childhood cancer survivors and met at the Georgetown Hospital 17 years ago. Coming from all walks of life, so to speak, we all "get" each other and that's very comforting despite our children's different diagnoses. It's quite a tight bond we hold with each other that is truly special and unique. And I am thankful for that!

BSoleille! The bright side of "ties" that bind people together. 

Terri

Photo of Ryan, Marilyn and Tom, and Patty and Jeff. 

No comments: