A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Boys and Girls of Fall

As the great country singer Kenny Chesney sings "The Boys of Fall", in my head I change the words to "The Boys AND Girls of Fall", and the game I'm thinking of is soccer, not football!  I realize all the good football fans around the country, but I know there are many soccer fans who love the "beautiful" game just as much as a Texas high school football fan, and maybe just a wee bit more. Ha Ha!

This past week, I am thankful to say that I have had the pleasure to officiate four high school and middle school soccer games, and more to come this weekend.  I am having big fun and just love the freshly cut grass, the white lined fields and a crisp white and black soccer ball for the kids to kick around for an hour and an half or so as the sun is receding and the cool air rolls in by the time we are finished.


BSoleille!  The bright side of the "Boys and Girls of Fall"!
terri

No comments: