A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Summer Nights

Summer nights can be hot and humid depending on where you live, or a perfect temperature to capture a gorgeous sunset. We've been having warm days here in the Mid-Atlantic which is excellent for swimming, not so cool nights–which I still like. The greatest joy is packing light to go just about anywhere. Phone, keys and a wallet or small handbag is all I need for my errands. It's so freeing. 

My goal is to savor the long summer days, noticing all the flora and fauna in my yard and around the neighborhood. I will say the weeds are pesky at this time too. 

The other day we were out and noticed a huge hibiscus flower that was as big as my hand. Even hubby Bill noticed it. I think it's a hibiscus or a variant of one, if not, let me know the correct name. 

BSoleille! The bright side of "cheers to long summer nights!"

Terri 




No comments: