A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

My Wild First Six Months of 2021

A week or so ago I posted that I hope to achieve my goal of 10 straight years and 3,000 blogposts by 12/31 on this very site. Over the years I've built in "off days" so I don't drive myself crazy if I miss now and again. I'm cutting it close this year with all the time off I took in February/March. That was due to my uterine cancer diagnosis the day my book was finished - all the writing (January 26th). How ironic, right?

Thankfully, the surgery got the contained cancer with a radical hysterectomy on February 17, 2021. The pathology report was Stage 1-A, the best it could be with that diagnosis. I am blessed!

My hubby, Bill, sat on me and let me heal like I needed to. I didn't lift a finger for several weeks which, looking back, helped me come back strong and feeling good. It was a rough go at first. Healed, I am in full summer mode with exercising - my daily planks, walk/runs and lately, swimming laps - 64 most times I go to get in a full mile swim. I am also quilting up a storm with T-shirt quilts. 

I'm hopeful to post for the rest of July without missing a day. August, with some travel on the horizon, might get dicey for missing a day or so (especially if I don't have wifi). It's all good though. It's been one heck of a ride. I've learned so much with the daily posts and crafting stories, plus quilting and everything else, which all helped me to write and finish The Focused Fight. I am forever grateful!

BSoleille!

Terri

Ready to be wheeled back to the OR 2/17/21


No comments: