A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Book Club Success!

What a beautiful Ohio night talking to my sister Kimberly's book club on her spacious deck. It was great! I only knew one woman out of five, and finished the night with four new friends.  They all read The Focused Fight and enjoyed further discussion on several of the stories shared in the book. I then went so far as to share other stories that did not make the cut into the book which they all seemed to like as well. While writing the memoir over five years, there were only so many stories to highlight without boring the heck out of my readers. However, it was nice to discuss those stories in and out of the book with an accepting audience, who also happen to be big readers. 

The informal Q&A worked well. I also dished on a wee bit the art of being a self-publisher which also means being a self-publicist. Even so with any type of marketing involved going forward, my mantra continues to be touching hearts with hope and inspiration: one person or one family at a time. 

A huge shout of THANKS to my sister Kimberly for hosting such a lovely event in her home!

BSoleille!

Terri

Kimberly (hostess) and me

L-R: Christine, Tina, Kimberly, Cindy, me and Carey



No comments: