A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, July 2, 2021

Long Island Long Drive - Wedding!

Even from Maryland on a July 4th weekend, driving up I95 to Long Island was quite long. Oh, the miles remain the same, but when we needed to "fight for inches" ala Jerry Seinfeld on the highways and byways - we know it's for real and not a joke! Once we got over the Verrazano Bridge, it was not as smooth sailing as I envisioned. But we crawled along listening to pop/country music and enjoyed motoring through four out of five boroughs of New York. We couldn't wait to see Bob & Mary Jean McCarthy and their middle daughter, bride Katherine, and the rest of the family for a fun wedding weekend.

We finally reached our destination in Riverhead, New York, smack dab in the middle of the afternoon. The grooms parents had a little party at the groom's parents house a few towns over to round out the day.

Love is in the air!

BSoleille!

Terri


Photo with Bob and Mary Jean; me and Bill



No comments: