A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Three Ellie's (Under the Big Tops) are Done!

As we all know, elephants are highly intelligent with complex emotions, feelings, compassion and have self-awareness. They can even recognize themselves in the mirror (see below)! And the best thing about them, elephants can LAUGH!

Working on the three small quilts was really quite fun, and all three are different because all elephants are different, right? I still need to quilt them, and perhaps add a couple of small borders, but the "hard" part is done! 

BSoleille!

Terri




Those are doors to our room at Tau in northern South Africa - not mirrors, but the way the sunshines on them, it certainly looks like a mirror. Notice how the elephants gather around to look at themselves!
That is me on left; and Laura Murphy on right. I was taking a photo into the "mirror," she was taking a photo head on.

Still on left with Helen Gruneisen and a few more elephants joining in the fun!

No comments: