A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day 2020

To all the dads out there, here's wishing you a very Happy Father's Day. Fatherhood has come a long way since, say, the 1950's and 1960's (how many would change a dirty diaper?), and I believe it's only gotten better (I'm an optimist). 

Although my father passed away in 2001 at age 77, his spirit lives on with his three daughters and grandchildren. And even though he was not much of a talker, he did have a sense of adventure and loved to travel with his Ptak's Bowling Alley pals to bowling tournaments throughout the midwest. His all time favorite was the Peterson Classic in Chicago, Illinois. That tournament has been going strong since 1921, and this year (most likely canceled) would have been it's 110th year of the "prestigious" tournament.

I never checked it out the Peterson Classic before writing this post, but here is the link: http://www.petersenclassic.com/

The photo below, taken on February 3, 1963, is my dad and his bowling buddies in all their glory (he is smack dab in the middle with the brown speckled tie). I don't know if he won any money for the Individual Championship, but he rolled a respectable (I think it is) 1557 for the tournament. 

BSoleille!

Terri


Bill and Olivia earlier today on our daily scoot!

No comments: