A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, June 20, 2020

6/20/20 Summer Solstice

Summer, is by far, my all time favorite season of the year, and today we celebrate the summer solstice! The long day started out with "liquid sunshine" instead of pure sunshine we all know and love, but it's all good, really, as it helps the flowers and gardens to boot. The warm temperatures and sun also helps us all with generous doses of vitamin D, and that's good for all of us! 

No great sunrise or sunset today, but we ushered in the one of the best seasons of the year! Definitely a reason to celebrate!

BSoleille! The bright side of Summer Solstice...I love how that rolls off the tongue so sweetly.

Terri

My photo is of the outstanding flowering geraniums soaking up some water they desperately need to continue their budding show day in and day out!


No comments: