A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Paperwhites a Blooming!

While the several paperwhites I have around the house are in full bloom, I took liberties in photographing them when I thought the sunlight filtering through the window was just right. (I was supposed to be taking down the Christmas tree, but hey, that could wait...). I also wanted to see if my "new-to-me" camera lens could do the flowers justice, and I think it did in a big way. Of course many were taken, and only the ones I thought were good enough to share are posted here today. I'm now waiting for my amaryllis to grow and bloom as well (it's a big bulb..thanks Cathy!). The flowering paperwhites fill the house with happiness, and it's a proven fact flowers of any color and "stripe" have a positive effect of people's moods. I am grateful for the flowers and how they improve one's life's satisfaction. A "two-fer".

BSoleille! The bright side of "sticking our tongues out" at the frigid temperatures and possible snow storm with lovely and blooming flowers...all inside!

Terri





Couldn't resist a B&W photo
A tinge of pink!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your new lens did a fabulous job.