A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Skywatcher Bonanza!

Who would have ever thought that millions of people on earth this past year would get the amazing views of a total eclipse of the sun, plus this year, a super moon, blue moon and blood moon (and lunar eclipse too!) all on the same day; set for the East Coast around 6:45am to 7:10am on January 31st 2018? A skywatcher's paradise for sure. It will be a cold night tonight, but I am ready to set my alarm to get out and check out the celestial sphere in the Northwest sky and see the trifecta as "advertised" before the moonset by 7:15am. It should be a doozy and am looking forward to seeing  the super blue blood moon!

BSoleille! The bright side of any type of full moon...and hear those wolves and coyotes howl!!

Terri

Photos of my attempt of a "pre super blue blood moon" as the sun was setting. No filters used and photos taken only a minute a part as darkness ushered in quickly. 


No comments: