A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Following a New Recipe to the Letter

Raise your hand if you follow a recipe exactly. Raise your hand if you mostly follow a recipe, but not quite exactly. I'm in the second category...except for today! I followed a delicious recipe down to the right amount of salt and the lemon zest it "required"! First time in a very long while this has happened, but I had every single ingredient on hand, and dirtied up the kitchen quite well to make the "Crispy Spicy Turkey with Lemon and Herbs". That meant using two big frying pans, getting the Food Processor out from way back in the cupboard to pulse the cauliflower, and zesting a lemon! Whew!

Thankfully, the meal was "outstanding", and this compliment came straight from my spouse (he loves everything, by the way!). No really, it's was that good. I don't know if the cold weather had anything to do with it, you know, comfort food, but I'm still thinking about it 4 hours later...

BSoleille! The bright side of a lingering thought of a good hearty Sunday meal!

Terri


Just in case you wanted to take a peek at the recipe!



No comments: