A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Three Soccer Chicas

It's not everyday, or soccer "game" day(s), that I get to referee with two outstanding women soccer referees, but this afternoon, the stars aligned (though very cloudy coupled with rainy skies to see 'em...ALL DAY LONG...I might add) I did! So, can I say it was super fun for all of us despite the heavy downpours through two high school girls varsity matches, and I was tickled pink?  (Let's also not discount the wrinkly toes and feet from soaking wet socks and shoes since 6:30 am with my early set of games starting at 8am in Columbia, MD with U18 Boys!)

Maybe looking back now while sitting at my computer writing this blogpost with a hot shower and hot meal under my "belt" as soon as I got home makes it all better for sure! As you can see by the photo, the three of us tried to wear whatever long sleeved sweatshirt or anything long sleeved that we had tucked in our bags to keep us warm (because we never thought to pack a parka for a September 2nd set of games!!??). Looking forward to sunnier skies and milder temperatures tomorrow!

BSoleille! The bright side of working with Julie Lamp-Whittington and Melissa Richardson on the pitch!

Terri

No comments: