A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Referees from Sea to Shining Sea

I wrote a post this past weekend about the three Maryland lady referees and how great it was to work a couple matches together for high school girls. Sort of a subliminal message that these young ladies can do anything they set their minds to, including refereeing a soccer match someday.

The rest of the weekend I refereed tournament play and worked five out of six games at the field I was assigned to with three other referees from around the country; Virginia Beach, VA; Harrisburg, PA and San Francisco, CA. Those not from Maryland indicated to me that they love going to other states to see the different competition and meeting new people and referees. It really was delightful, and I am thankful to have worked with such a great crew.

BSoleille! The bright side of "there's no better seat in the house" than being on the field of play during a soccer match!

Terri


No comments: