A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trunk Show at the Guild

My quilt guild's program chair asked me to do a trunk show of some of my quilts for a sort of "preview" before the show the weekend of March 24, 25 in Bowie, MD.  I was quite nervous at first, but then was able to be "me" and talk about how I got interested in quilting, showing quilts and giving tidbits about my life in quilts over the past 25 years!  The blessing was bestowed 14 years ago when I joined the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild; as many friendships were built with incredible women from all walks of life- our common bond - quilting.....

Photo was taken tonight at the meeting during the trunk show!  This is an Ohio Star block quilt that was made in 1992, machine pieced and hand-quilted!


BSoleille!  Finding the bright side of  quilting over the past 25 years!
terri

4 comments:

Susie said...

You did a great job last night, Terri. I actually learned some things about you and enjoyed seeing your quilts.
love ya

Unknown said...

Terri it was great to see your quilts before the show. I really liked the ideas of sharing with the guild first

Terri Tomoff said...

Thanks, Loretto, I think I may have figured this part of the blog, by sending a comment back to the commenter!

Love ya,
terri

Terri Tomoff said...

Thanks, Susie (too), I think I may have figured this part of the blog, by sending a comment back to the commenter!

Love ya,
terri