A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

On Capitol Hill

Today was a special day, not only the first day of spring, but that I was invited as one of the six parent panelists in the Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation Symposium encompassing leading psycho-oncology researchers and clinicians and members of Congress regarding the state of psychosocial care for childhood cancer patients and their families.  It was simply a powerful day, and I am truly honored that the founding members of the Mattie Miracle Foundation, Vicki and Peter Brown, extended the invitation for me to be a part of the first Childhood Cancer Psychosocial Symposium and Congressional Briefing on Capitol Hill.

I am including two photos today, one of the Capitol Dome around 7:45 am with the rain clouds blowing away and the "bright" of day breaking through, and the parent panelists with Vicki (in purple suit) and Peter (with orange tie).



BSoleille! Hoping to find bright solutions to cancer fighting families!
terri

No comments: