A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Winter Timber

It is no surprise when you drive through a large metropolitan downtown city, you are bound to be stopped by a plethora of annoying lights. Most often, they seemed to always turn red as soon as you drive up to one, and the next one and the next (and they are like 50 yards a part!) Only when you need to look at something important do you get a green light, or so it seems. Yesterday, while driving through downtown Baltimore, Maryland with my son, we were stopped at an especially long red light when I took a glance to my left and saw a hauntingly beautiful tree.

I felt drawn to this stark winter timber which, frankly, took my breath away. I desperately wanted to take a photo of it, but my phone was buried deep into my coat pocket. Of course, my seat belt was fastened tightly across my body, and I couldn’t decide whether I would try and fight with the seatbelt and fish the phone out of my pocket before the light changed, or let the image remain in my mind. After a few seconds when the light did not change, I chose the former. I started squirming just enough to loosen the seat belt and retrieve the phone to snap the one and only photo below before the light finally turned green.

When I got home and took a closer look at the photo, I noticed something that I hadn’t noticed while sitting at the light—the mirror image in the glass window to the left of the tree. Striking!

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: