A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 11, 2021

What's You "Word" for 2021?

It took me 11 days, but I found my word for 2021. I’ve thought about it ever since I read a story from someone in my writing class about choosing a word for the year. Apparently, I never got the memo, but lots of folks pick a word for the year, and to live their year in "word," so to speak. Mine is not sexy, but fits me for today, and perhaps the coming year: centered.

In a spiritual way, which writing can be (as well as so many of our own endeavors), is where I know this word will be for me in 2021. I think it's a good one, and I hope to remain 'centered' when my mind and heart start to wander and lose focus. It's so easy to do, right? Probably not...

Maybe one of my readers will feel that this would be a good exercise to do too?! Find their own word? Who knows? Maybe at the end of the year we can swap stories on how "one word" made a difference in our lives, or not. If you feel comfortable to share, please do, and I thank you!

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo taken in Indiana 2019 - butterly perfectly centered while flitting from place to place (a great lesson!)




No comments: