A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, February 24, 2020

Winter Clean Up in the Sewing Room

My quilt guild comes up with various quilt challenges that typically involved making something with fabric. Sew... our illustrious Program Chair, Misty Cole, came up with the brilliant idea of 2020 goals regarding the whole world of quilting, not only making something with fabric. Examples such as sitting with someone new at a guild meeting, making Bingo prize or a silent auction item for our annual show, or participating in a block swap are easy ones to get everyone going.

But #6 on the list is: cleaning up your sewing area with before and after pics, that I just "needed" to work on. Right now, my entire house is in transformation of getting rid of stuff, painting, and now, fashioning my sewing room in a more organized environment that will best suit all my sewing and quilting needs.

I must admit, this is all a "work in progress," and I do feel some headway in the; "there's a method to my madness" in getting this place put back together again, or at least that's what I tell myself and my husband. Thankfully, he's a very patient guy, and knows that there will be some "magic" in all the household stuff shuffling by winter's end (my goal).

BSoleille! The bright side of before and after pics in my sewing room (and a huge thanks to my neighbor Lois who gave me the large bookcase to store most of my fabric and notions).

PS, there still will be more tweaking and organizing...

Terri



No comments: