A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

We Whistle While We Work...On the Soccer Pitch

Besides wearing a uniform on the pitch (jerseys change by what colors the teams are wearing), a badge (HS league, USSF or club), a data wallet (game card, pen or pencil and yellow and red cards), a whistle is definitely needed in any game. The less I blow the whistle the better, but it's the only equipment to signal the course of the game for all to hear. When I first began refereeing, I was told that I had a "soft whistle," and needed to blow it louder (especially on windy days). I think with the plethora of whistles that I take with me, I'm there now in the "blowing-the-whistle-loudly" department. It's really our voice on the pitch.

My photo below comprises of the whistles I've used over the years, but my favorite is not in the photo (it's a Fox40 and fits on two fingers).

BSoleille! The bright side of toot toot, or now, TOOT TOOT!


Terri


No comments: