A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Riot of Color on Summer Flowers

Back in the spring; I posted that I arrived late at our local firehouse plant sale. The nice guy running the show saw my disappointment on the timing of closing the sale, so he encouraged me to "pick out whatever's left." I then proceeded to grab a wagon and selected several plants that I had no idea what they were (no little stakes in the plants to indicate the plant and/or watering/planting instructions). Plus those plant were all green, relatively small, and a bit "scraggly." What can I say? I was late to the show...

Once home, I weeded where I thought they should go and planted them all that afternoon. I figured a lot of watering would do these "scraggly" plants well, and apparently, that is exactly what they required to grow and bloom.

Fast forward to today, when all those plants are thriving and blooming beautifully. The thinking here is: "don't judge a book by it's cover" from what I "purchased" few months ago. The abundance of rain we've recently has has only made those "scraggly things" bigger, brighter and better than if we just had hot and humid days with no rain relief!

BSoleille! The bright side of a riot of color in summer flowers. How's your garden growing?

Terri

Photo: except for the yellow marigolds, everything else if from the firehouse sale.



No comments: