A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, July 11, 2019

A Chesapeake Beach Morning!

My friend, "tall Linda" (AKA Linda Duret) whisked down to Crofton a little after 8am to pick me up so we could get down to Chesapeake Beach to visit with another mutual friend, Mary Hall and her husband, Denny. We wanted to look for shark teeth (and sea glass), enjoy the water, and catch up with each others lives. Thankfully, we accomplished all three before noon, four things if you count the sea glass!

The "wildlife" along the beach was amazing including a nest of ospreys not far off the beach, "shore butterflies" and the antics of Mary's pooch, Blondie. We could not have "ordered" up a better morning consisting of brilliant sunshine and a slight breeze coming off the Bay. I had a wonderful time trying to capture the shore life on Chesapeake Beach, Maryland; all photos from my camera phone.

BSoleille! The bright side of the Bay beauty...

Terri

Photo below of me, Linda and Mary


Osprey nest

Shore butterly (Swallowtail - they like to eat the minerals in and around the sand)

Not one, but two butterflies!

Million years old shark teeth washed up on the Chesapeake Beach





No comments: