A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Pedal to the Metal with Quilt Show Prep Time

I think I know how if feels to be a twin like my husband, and his twin bro, Don. They talk multiple times a day, mostly business talk I think, but who knows? While planning for the upcoming show in 11 days, the Quilt Show Team members; Wendy Allen, Susie Stevenson and I, end up talking to each other multiple times a day as well. It's usually quick snippets of information that is shared, but we've been known to yak on longer calls to clarify the many facets that the show entails. The other day we all decided to take a photo of our "quilt show central" in each of our homes. The following photos make it abundantly clear that there is a lot going on for each of us, but we wouldn't want it any other way...or would we?

Of course, it will be all worth it in the end; as these gals are wicked smart and the most organized women I know. I'm thankful that we are very compatible with our ideas (we have a lot of new things going on at the show), and run things by each other so our guild, our guests and our vendors have a wonderful weekend. It's no small feat...and as they say: "Preparation + Opportunity = Luck.

BSoleille! The bright side of a "Lucky Quilt Show Weekend", March 23, 24 at Samuel Ogle Middle School in Bowie, Maryland. Hope to see you there!

Terri

I am having trouble loading the photos onto the blog; I'll try to post the photos in the morning. I hope this is a one-time glitch in Blogger. Photos loaded on 3/13 (day after this post); I guess it wasn't as messy after all...except mine! Wendy starts out below with the Maryland Quilters Challenge on her living room floor.


Terri's messy dining room table....
Wendy's organized table!
Susie's organized quilt show stuff 1
Susie's organized quilt show 2









No comments: