A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, March 1, 2019

Inspiration at the 30th Anniversary of the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

We all know what the "Season of Light" is, or Festival of ______ is; but right now, we enter the Season of Quilt Shows throughout the nation. I am grateful to have traveled down to Hampton, VA, yesterday, and spent about 28 hours at the www.Quiltfest.com (day and a half with bee-mate), Susie Stevenson, to be inspired by all the wonderful quilts and vendors at this large show. We also met up with other guild members, and checked out guild members that had quilts accepted into this show: Misty Cole and Julia Graves.

I salivated over some very pretty fabric(s)...which I eventually...ahem.. bought. I also stocked up on my long-arm supplies of batting and threads, and oohed and ahhed over the many beautiful quilts in the show which was worth the trip for jump-starting inspiration and that unmistakable can-do attitude that the sky's the limit on what can be done with fabric!

I'd like to add that as soon as my show quilts are done, and my NeedleOnFull Tshirt quilts are up to date, you bet I'm going to start something new....and hopefully, finish the "older" UFO's and WIP's too. This will take me to the end of 2019 (probably longer)....so I'll fasten the seatbelt on my sewing chair, and drive my machine like mad at 1,000 MPH just to get me started.

BSoleille!

Terri


Tables of pretty fabrics

Misty Cole's quilt: "Nepenthes"

Terri and Susie with Misty Cole's quilt: "Political Circus"



No comments: