A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Chi-Town Visit

A weekend visit to Chicago for a memorial service (tomorrow) for C. Van Diggelin, one of my husband’s mentors for over 25 years, also enabled us to visit "old" Crofton friends, Deanna and Jim Gage. We are grateful for our friendships and the four of us picked up where we left off from our last visit. Leisurely meals coupled with long talks and catching up with our children and our lives has been the highlight. 

I will say the 29 degree morning was quite chilly, but once the frost burned off, the guys headed to kayak on the Fox River and the girls went to hike a trail, shop and dine in St. Charles and Geneva, Illinois. 

Dinner at an Italian trattoria called Za Za’s rounded out a glorious day!

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: