A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Using Gift Cards and Movie Tickets

No longer am I keeping gift cards and movie tickets in the drawer. Rather, they stay nice and tidy in my wallet (since Christmas), and when the light bulb goes off (or I gloss over them while looking for something else in the same wallet), it's dinner and a movie only eight months later. But, hey, why rush spending or using those precious cards? Thankfully, tonight was the night we had the chance to use them and enjoy a night out close to home. I will say that the movie was mutually selected - "Dunkirk", and was quite intense from the opening scene...and NEVER let up! I don't believe it was more intense than, "Saving Private Ryan" (one of our favorite war movies); but it was a WW11 true story nonetheless. After the movie ended (we needed to catch our breath as the credits were rolling), I sat and thought these stories remind us all how devastating a war truly is. War destroys morale of nations, and more importantly, the young men and women in uniform who fight for their countries.

I am two for two on intense movies for this summer, so I think I need to ease up and see a RomCom for the third one, or at least something fun and light.

BSoleille! The bright side of using Christmas gift cards to restaurants and movies in August!

Terri


No comments: