A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, August 7, 2017

Home Sweet Home

Between May 19th and today, the several trips to Cleveland and Kelleys Island, Ohio; Boulder, Denver and Crested Butte, Colorado, and Chicago, IL, garnered our Honda Accord 10,000 miles of summer road travel. I am very thankful that each trip was unique, along with the beautiful weddings attached to three of them, and every mile was met safely. Luckily, gasoline is "cheap", and I never minded the long days of driving. Believe it or not, today's last trip home from Chicago-Cleveland (ahem, I found my way with no problem!), was the only day we (Ryan as my co-pilot) had rain. And boy, five out of the six plus hours it was absolutely pouring, and kind of scary with many trucks and huge RV's that seemed to be the only mode of transportation out on the roads with only a few cars sprinkled into the mix.

Few observations from the highways and turnpikes: the corn is head high now (I forgot to mention during the last big trip that the corn was chin high); everything growing is lush and green for the most part; if orange is your favorite color, please drive through Ohio on the turnpike, because orange barrels, flags and tape are everywhere (along with lane closures to keep you on your toes!); and EZpass is the greatest thing if tolls have to be paid!

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos; right before the rain hit and those lovely orange barrels (isn't orange is the new black?)

No comments: