A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Morning Glory Takeover

Raise your hand if you think August is the worst month for garden weeds? It seems that if you do not arrest the "carnage" early in the season, it is losing battle come end of summer. I am guilty of not doing the "proper" weeding, and all types of weeds (and mushrooms due to the rains) have popped up all over, including the ever invasive morning glory (which only blooms in the morning...ahem, where the name comes from...), but the vine is everywhere! I try to rip it out every July and it comes back with a vengeance. So, the "enjoyment" of the purple morning flower lasts a couple hours and that's it. Can it really be enjoyed though? You can bet I try.

BSoleille!
Terri

No comments: