A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Eagles and Quilting or Quilting and Eagles

It is always a pleasure to retreat in West River, Maryland, especially with my quilting buddies and the beautiful setting right on the water. Although it rained most of the day, it was the perfect day to be inside, all cozy like, running our machines with a million miles of thread! But the highlight of the day, though, was not the finished tops/table runners/other quilted stuff produced (although they are all pretty great too!), no, it was the bald eagle fairly close to our cabin in the woods. Phone cameras could not get close"enough" for a sharp photos, but I am thankful that I had my "baby Nikon" with me and a telephoto lens that got in close "enough" to take a few "good" pics. Aptly named, "Hamilton" by the crew, this majestic eagle was joined by another for a short spell, but when I tried to move in closer to them, they flew from their high perch! But I did get "Hamilton" when "he" was alone, and hope to capture a few more tomorrow....fingers crossed he/they will perch close to our cabin once again.

BSoleielle!
Terri

The "bedraggled" eagle with wet feathers and Susie Stevenson holding one of my finished quilt tops!



No comments: