A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Spur of the Moment

How often do we really do a "spur of the moment" activity? Well, today I decided at 7:00am that I would run a 10K "race" starting at 8:00am. Originally, I was going to cheer on "The Best Daughter" in the Crofton 10K, as this is a community event (Kiwanis), and the race goes right by our house. I thought I would run down with her to the registration table and starting line, but as I started getting dressed, I thought maybe I should run it too. I quickly switched to running clothes and shoes and we jogged the two miles to the start. No car needed, but we did walk  back home. Ten miles of activity that was never on my Saturday radar! But you know what? I'm thankful I pushed myself to do it. I have not done much in the last several weeks, so it was great to break a good honest sweat and take a "scoot" around the Crofton Parkway on a beautiful Saturday morning!

The morning also included a trip to the Annapolis Quilt Show and the Amish Market (also spur of the moment activities). 

But our evening was spent with Tom and Josh Franek (the only planned item!) and was it was great to catch up with these two cool dudes!

BSoleille! The bright side of spur of the moments....

Terri







No comments: