A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Can you Have Tech Overload?

The past two days have been met with a lot of "new technological" advancements for yours truly, and thankfully, (or maybe not so much) my brain has been really stretched! Let me clear the air, I am getting "coached", but I still had to do the work. One of the first tasks was buying three months of premium Spotify for 99c, and setting up playlists (did on my own-easy peasy). Checking out what exactly the "premium" means is about 10,000,000 songs, and that's no joke. I followed this up with obtaining a Google Voice phone number (free), setting up a pay pal account (I know I "should" have set that up eons ago), and buying a WIX subscription for a website (more details later).

And then tonight, I got sent a video (Cavs victory from last nights basketball game) through Google Photos, and at the very end it asked whether or not to download the app. I pushed the button to do so, and BAM, the downloading of 7500 photos and videos began immediately. It will take most of the night for the download, but from what Google Photo "promises", I think I will love the possibilities this app offers for photo creativity (initially for another storage mechanism) including albums, collages, animation and movies!

What I've come to learn that there are millions of ways to "skin a cat", not 10, as in years past, and the possibilities of limitless potential of just about anything creative leaves me speechless! Any help needed is simply at your fingertips using Google or YouTube. So I will plug away and learn and stretch my brain in these endeavors as best I can, there are built in safety nets everywhere to catch a "fall"!

BSoleille!
Terri


Photo: Valley of Fire, Nevada 2015



No comments: