A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Constant Thing is Change

In life we finally figure out that the only thing that remains constant is change. Then we have to decide if we like it or not, and sometimes change is thrust upon us and then we have to learn to cope. Heavy stuff I know. 

Recently, my good friend Marilyn Eichner, who takes care of anyone she meets, needs prayers and well wishes as she is recovering from a brain aneurysm. Scary. We met when our children battled childhood cancer at Georgetown almost 17 years ago, and she has continued to be a cherished friend, mentor and caregiver to me and countless people in the Washington DC metro area!  Her husband just texted me and stated that her nurse was wondering if she is a VIP. I replied, "of course she is!"

She is loved by many and my heart goes out to her now-courageous battle of healing and recovery. Prayers still needed for "good sleep". 

Terri

Photo of Marilyn and Ryan at his graduation party and one week prior to her health change. 

No comments: