A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bette Mock

Today I post in memoriam for Southern Comforter guild member Bette Mock who died peacefully on May 23, 2012 in Bowie, MD.  She was a great quilter and mentor, and a truly a remarkable woman.  She was always smiling and she loved life!  She was an inspiration to all who crossed paths with her, either as a high school biology teacher, wife, mother, friend, bell-ringer at her church and, of course, accomplished quilter and quilt teacher.  Bette's work has also been featured in quilt magazines and exclusive shows throughout the United States. The most thrilling thing for her though were the friendships she made along the way with other quilters who encouraged and shared their passions in helping Bette nurture her passion and her art.  I am a better quilter because of Bette Mock, and honored to be one of her quilting friends.  Rest in peace, my friend.

Photo of Bette during quilt demonstrations at the 2011 show.


terri

2 comments:

Quilting Nan said...

Bette will truly be missed, and you are a wonderful blogger Terri...

Wendy said...

Very nice post in tribute to Bette. What a lovely spirit she had.