A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Shoebox Swap and No Shoes!

I am thrilled that I have some very creative quilting/sewing friends that are forging ahead with an old-fashioned block swap—a "shoebox swap." Instead of using a shoebox though, a large ziplock bag is our method of sending our blocks (and other paraphernalia like fabrics and instructions) back and forth and encompassing three states. I am in the process of preparing my ziplock bag with a couple of examples to swap with the first of 10 people playing the game. Block swaps are quite popular; some are international that can be found on social media platforms to play. The one that I am involved with we will go until the end of 2021. Every month we will we make blocks and then swap. Easy peasy and fun! 

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo of my barrel of scraps ready to spring into action!



No comments: