A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, January 2, 2021

All, Or Nothing At All - Frank Sinatra Documentary

When I looked at my mission from 9 years ago, daily musings about life and current events was also something I could possibly comment on while blogging. It was about that time frame when Netflix began streaming their own content (House of Cards, anyone?), and then the floodgates opened to a new platform, and as they say, the rest is history. Can anyone watch regular TV anymore? I think the more and more I watch Netflix or it's competitor, Amazon Prime, it's tough to go back to regular TV because of all the commercials. Do you agree? 

I like the shows offered, but I truly enjoy documentaries. I love learning about people, ideas or history that make me think, or show me a part of life I knew nothing about before tuning in. It's a win-win. 

Over the last two days, I watched the Netflix documentary on Frank Sinatra: "All or Nothing at All." You don't have to be a fan, but if you are a fan of culture and history for as long as this crooner performed, you may like it. I thought it was well done (documentary made in 2015), and it's two episodes of about two hours each can be split into two days, or go for it, and watch both on a binge worthy night. I can tell you, I'm "spreading the news" right now, and you maybe humming his famous, "New York, New York" tune well after the credits roll.

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo below: stock photo of free images




No comments: