A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Inching Along with Post Production

As I've mentioned in previous blogposts, writing a book is hard, but the post production is no joke, and requires “almost” the same amount of deep thought as all the writing. I met today with a good friend who “offered” to format my book. She is a retired graphic artist who worked in the magazine business for over 40 years. She has a wealth of knowledge to help me format the copy and I was amazed as she glided across her keyboard like playing a Mozart sonata on a Steinway piano. She then began spewing out ‘Greek’ graphic design words to me like, “styling, bleed, kerning, leading, ratios, breaks, placeholders, widows and orphans” and a whole bunch more as she worked through the layout of the first couple of chapters of my manuscript. I learned a lot today, including that there are over 120 words that graphic designers use to craft their magazine articles and layouts, book layouts and all the rest.

Frankly, too much for me to learn and try to do myself to get my book published, so I am glad she stepped in to help this “damsel in distress.”

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: