A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, August 6, 2020

When a College Roommate Comes to Town

When a college roommate comes to town, I'm all in on a "plan" to do something together. Sew...today when I met up with Rosalie Franek, very early in the morning in Washington DC (Georgetown); we hit the trail...walking to The Mall and Monuments, and to a tune of a very long walk of 7+ miles around the city. This was after she dropped off her husband, son and son's friend at the cyclist trail head for their epic ride from DC to Pittsburgh (C&O Canal Towpath); and I locked the keys in the car. Thankfully, my very kind husband drove down to bring me the spare key so we could continue on with our day. 

After several hours, we decided to drive to the exact opposite side of the city and visit and have lunch with "The Best Daughter" in Capitol Hill.  We were game for an online takeout order placed at the yummy District Taco, and another "hike" to the restaurant for pick up ensued. The three of us had a lovely al fresco lunch in the "courtyard" of "The Best Daughter's carriage house. 

BSoleille!

Terri







1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a lovely day!!!!