A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, August 3, 2020

Pool at Sun Up and Pool at Sunset

I am so thankful that my pool is open this summer, albeit with a few changes due to COVID, plus social distancing and how many can be at/in the pool at the same time. We have sign-ups every week, and I think the whole program is going as well as can be expected, though no snack bar or parties that our community looks forward to every summer, but that's okay for the summer of 2020; there is frankly, no other choice.

The thrilling part for me yesterday (a hot one at that), was the early morning "adult float around." I think it was close to 80 degrees at 8:00am when I jumped in to float around (borrowed a floatie from the guard); the pool sparkling clean and very refreshing. The two hours quickly went by, and I was on to the next thing...tennis with the family. 

Later in the afternoon, I refereed two games of youth soccer, and it was wonderful to be back on the pitch since March, even in the heat of the day. I'm not sure how much soccer will be played this fall, but I was happy to get in two good games nonetheless.

By early evening, I appealed to my two guys to come with me to the pool for a "sundowner swim around" (my words/idea). They both surprisingly obliged! It was fun to splash around for a bit and cool off with the water so inviting and tranquil; especially as the sun was going down. 

BSoleille!

Terri 

Photos below at sunup and sunset...



No comments: