A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

What's Your Entering-the-Pool/Lake/Ocean Style?

What's your style in entering a body of water? Are you a toe dipper? Or a staircase one-leg-at-a-time enterer? Or maybe, like me, a full body jumper inner? I shamely admit that I used to be a toe dipper, for a looong time, but into my adulthood, and, say, the last 20 years, I've made it my mission, no matter how hot or cold the water is, to jump in with my full body - toe to head! I figure I'll get  used to any water temperature more quickly that way, and haven't looked back on that full jump in decision. 

Maybe you are wondering why I ask, perhaps? Well, my husband met me at the pool for a later session today (I had been in multiple times by then and finished my lap swim) to cool off and refresh for 30-40 minutes before our session ended. When he walked up to the pool edge, he stopped; dipped his toe, and contemplated, or at least that's what I thought he was doing. He then slid over the edge and got in, but only up to his waist, wincing a bit. I walked up and jumped in like described and he "couldn't believe" my style; asking, "don't you think it's kind of cold?" "No way, Jose" was my response. Totally refreshing!

As I looked around the pool, I discovered that body-of-water-entering is about 33%/33%/33% on all styles, at least for a local pool with all age groups in attendance.

BSoleille!

Terri


No comments: