A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, June 3, 2019

Organizing? the Garbage?

The county we live in, Anne Arundel County in Maryland, has quite an extensive waste management program and recycling program that is really quite excellent. I really "love" going to the "dump", or more aptly named, the Millersville Landfill (the one I go to) and Recycling Center. It's really amazing how much garbage there is on a daily basis from our family, let alone the county we live in, the state, and then the entire nation. It hurts the head to think about all the stuff we throw out, and then how much there is on a daily basis from 7 billion people!!! Egads!

Can you even imagine? There are so many barges on the waterways around the globe that are trying to figure out where to go with all the waste, that closer to home, it may seem that we get lulled into not seeing where it all goes if you have curbside pick-up (on a weekly basis ideally). It's when we venture out to get rid of the "bigger trash" that it all "crystallizes", or at least for me.

Truly, we are thankful for the pick up service we have living in my county, but will be more mindful on the waste generated each day.

BSoleille!

Terri




No comments: