A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Love Those Curves!

As in curved piecing that is. Last week my quilt guild offered a class in curved piecing, and at the last minute, I decided to join in on the fun. The class was taught by quilter/author/teacher Heather Kojan, and it was a definite "skill builder"...especially sewing around curves. Thank goodness that the cotton fabric is cut on the bias so it meshes together quite seamlessly (no pun intended).

And just like anything in life, preparation is half the battle in accomplishing any type of task. Quilting is no different, and really, we typically have to prepare quite a bit while making a quilt; tote or any project we want to actually finish! So, I must admit, I only have one block done, and I'm happy about it, but I am still prepping in finishing the rest of the blocks. I think this will be a sweet quilt when done, and I will share the final project when completed (in between my NeedleOnFull work).

My photos below show how sewists sew on the bias, which looks kind of weird when matching up the two pieces of fabric, but by golly, finishes up beautifully when the curve is followed all the way down (and sewing a wee bit slower than usual helps...a lot). Not to be overlooked is measuring at least three times and cutting once - everyone's goal for sure!

Cheers to the one block...plus many more to follow!

BSoleille!

Terri







No comments: