A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, June 28, 2019

Coats For Kids - Cleveland Style

When the Coats For Kids warehouse caught fire on February 3, 2019, all the coats that were left to warm the kids of Cleveland, Ohio, were destroyed. It was a devastating day for a lot of folks. Cleveland radio personality, Mike Trivisonno, decided that day he would do another fund-raiser to benefit Coats for Kids to replace the many coats lost to the fire to help others.

My good friend, Debbie Martinko, the executive director of CFK, asked some of her friends if they would like to go in on a table to this event.  I couldn’t resist the idea to help the cause, see some great friends along with my sister Kimberly, and have a good time in my hometown. A win-win for sure!

It is/was a great event highlighted by the band Sunset Strip (who donated their talents) and “Elvis” too! Note: blogging from event... everyone staying until they announce the 50/50 drawing of 8K (and they want the winner to keep it and not donate it back to cause). Now, that is something...

A big shout of Thanks to Mike Trivisonno, Debbie Martinko and the Hilton Garden Inn, Twinsburg, Ohio, for making this event possible! May we all help the kids of Cleveland stay warm when those frigid temperatures return late fall.

BSoleille!

Terri









No comments: