A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Aslan Project

A beautiful evening in Washington DC overlooking the US Capitol was the backdrop for a fundraiser for the Aslan Project. Dr. Aziza Shad spearheads the mission of helping and treating children diagnosed with cancer in low income countries. Through last years' endeavors, a second Peds Hem/Onc clinic was opened in Jimma, Ethiopia. No small feat for sure. In addition to treatments with chemotherapy and other needed medicines, kids there are surviving and thriving despite their dire living arrangements. 

A bright spot in that country is their First Lady has gotten behind the initiatives associated with the Aslan Project, and personally gave her blessing to further the cause in treating and curing kids afflicted with cancer. And I am thankful for that. 


BSoleille!

Terri

Bill and I with Dr. Aziza Shad

No comments: