But it all worked out in the end. The beautiful warm morning gave way to an awesome experience that I am so thankful I fully participated in the entire event, and sharing it with Olivia to boot!
Here are the best points:
* water temperature 75 degrees!
* water quite calm for ocean swimming (no sharks or whales!)
* Olivia won her age group and was 8th woman overall (5 min. faster over last year)
* I finished 5th in my age group and improved my time by 8 minutes over last year's race
* I just may have to sign up for next year!?
Photos from Bethany Beach