A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

MVA or Bust!

Going to any MVA (Motor Vehicle Administration) or DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) is a daunting task or "adventure" no matter what day you go! Due to a turn over on a pair of license plates and a driver's license renewal I set out mid morning with a fully charged phone and a book. I was steeled and prepared for a long wait, and I was not disappointed. I "worked" the room, going from one booth to another to complete my business (and once in the queue your number sticks with you for the additional tasks). One lady jumped up because she thought I "cut the line", but the kind woman behind the counter politely explained that I have been in the queue a long time and for her to wait for her number to come up. Thankfully, that situation was diffused swiftly. 

And as hard as you may try, there is no rhyme or reason to the number system they use; hence the book and phone.  I really did think it moved "quickly" despite the 1.5 hours spent there. 

And as for the new Maryland driver's license, they now mail it to you once it is complete. They are $48 now, but it lasts for eight years before expiring!  Now that's something to be thankful for!

BSoleille!
Terri


No comments: