A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Learning to Hunt

Due to the quilt show this coming weekend, and doing a lot of work "behind the scenes" for the show, my African photos have been put on a temporary hold.  I will hopefully post some of the "good" ones soon, along with some stories and observations about the trip. However, I could not wait, and started to peek at some of them and wanted to post this cute one of a lioness learning to hunt.  Females are mainly the hunters of the pride, while males only hunt when a big kill is involved. Interestingly, they learn to hunt by picking up sticks and run and play with them for quite a long time before they tire out and drop them. So it was really cool that we came upon a pride of females (and some young males too) playing along the Chobe River in Botswana. They surely know how to "kick up the dirt", but in this case, sand!

BSoleille! The bright side of a female pride pride!
Terri

No comments: